Falkland Islands Government (FIG)
The Falkland Islands is a British Overseas Territory, with full internal self-government.
As the largest employer in the Falkland Islands, we offer many unique and fulfilling job opportunities, across the full spectrum of public services. Our responsibilities include those typically managed by central government – taxation, legislation and policy, as well as those usually managed on a local level such as town planning, health and social services, and education. FIG also provides services specific to the needs of the Falkland Islands, such as fisheries research, power generation and the Government Air Service, FIGAS.
For more information about working for Falkland Islands Government, take a look at our recruitment microsite: www.jobs.gov.fk
The Internal Auditor is expected to support the Chief Internal Auditor in the delivery of the audit plan by performing risk based audits across the government’s broad range of services and providing assurance to key stakeholders. There will also be a need to conduct ad hoc reviews and investigations as required.
As the successful candidate you will have the following attributes:
- At least 3-5 years internal audit experience.
- A recognised internal audit or accounting qualification (CertIA, CIA or AAT) or be part–qualified CCAB.
- Good, confident interpersonal skills.
- Sound numeracy and verbal reasoning.
- Ability to manage, plan and deliver own work, ensuring that changing short, medium and long-term demands and deadlines are met
Experience of working within the public sector would be an advantage, as would knowledge of IT auditing and / or Computer Audit Assisted Techniques.
- Fixed Term Contract up to 4 Years.
- Salary Range, basic starting salary £31,577k up to £41,776k per annum commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Eligibility for a 25% Gratuity, paid upon successful completion of the contract.
- 30 Days Annual Leave, plus government and public holidays (totalling 41 days leave).
- Relocation Allowance, to help with moving costs.
- Flights Package for you and recognised dependents at the beginning and end of contract, and additional annual return flights contingent on the duration of the contract.
- Government Housing for rent at a subsidised rate and a starter pack to help you settle in.
- Favourable income tax rates.
- A stimulating and supportive setting to work in and a unique and beautiful setting to live in.
How to Apply
For further information regarding the position please contact Kim Greenland, HR Advisor by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (+500) 27420.
To apply click on 'Apply Now' and complete the form. Alternatively, download an offline form from the same page and email to email@example.com before the closing date.
Applications close 21 August 2020 at 2030 GMT.
The Falkland Islands
Set in the South Atlantic Ocean, around 400 miles east of South America and 8000 miles south-west of the UK, the Falkland Islands are a small, thriving community with a British way of life, benefiting from good local services, a varied social calendar and an absence of traffic jams!
The Falkland Islands’ stunning natural environment provides an unspoiled landscape and amazing wildlife to observe and explore, including penguins, whales and dolphins, all seen from the shore.
For those with a sense of adventure, it provides opportunities which are hard to match anywhere else in the world.