The Falkland Islands Government is a diverse organisation responsible for all aspects of central and local government in the Islands, from Health and Education to Emergency Services and even an air service. We currently have a vacancy for a Management Accountant in our Treasury function. The team provides professional advice on public financial management, development of financial and fiscal strategies, tax collection and exchequer services to the public, Government departments and Elected Members.
The successful applicant will be educated to first degree level, hold a relevant professional qualification such as a CIMA or CIPFA, have at least 5 years’ post qualification experience of which 3 years must be from working within a multi-disciplinary organisation, and demonstrate at least 2 years’ supervisory management experience. Proven exposure to managing budgets and business planning in a financially constrained context is also required.
- Fixed Term Contract up to 4 Years.
- Salary Range, basic starting salary ranges from £37,725k up to £46,599k per annum commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Eligibility for a 25% Gratuity, paid upon successful completion of the contract.
- 30 Days Annual Leave, plus government and public holidays (totalling 41 days leave).
- Relocation Allowance, to help with moving costs.
- Flights Package for you and recognised dependents at the beginning and end of contract, and additional annual return flights contingent on the duration of the contract.
- Government Housing for rent and a starter pack to help you settle in.
- Favourable income tax rates.
- A stimulating and supportive setting to work in and a unique and beautiful setting to live in.
How to Apply
For further information regarding the position please contact Tim Waggott, Financial Secretary by emailing email@example.com or by calling (+500) 28400.
To apply, please complete our online application form from our vacancy page www.jobs.gov.fk, by clicking on 'Apply Now' and completing the form. Alternatively, download an offline form from the same page and email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date.
Applications close 12 October 2020 at 2030 GMT.
Falkland Islands Government (FIG)
The Falkland Islands is a British Overseas Territory, with full internal self-government.
As the largest employer in the Falkland Islands, we offer many unique and fulfilling job opportunities, across the full spectrum of public services. Our responsibilities include those typically managed by central government – taxation, legislation and policy, as well as those usually managed on a local level such as town planning, health and social services, and education. FIG also provides services specific to the needs of the Falkland Islands, such as fisheries research, power generation and the Government Air Service, FIGAS.
For more information about working for Falkland Islands Government, take a look at our recruitment microsite: www.jobs.gov.fk
The Falkland Islands
Set in the South Atlantic Ocean, around 400 miles east of South America and 8000 miles south-west of the UK, the Falkland Islands are a small, thriving community with a British way of life, benefiting from good local services, a varied social calendar and an absence of traffic jams!
The Falkland Islands’ stunning natural environment provides an unspoiled landscape and amazing wildlife to observe and explore, including penguins, whales and dolphins, all seen from the shore.
For those with a sense of adventure, it provides opportunities which are hard to match anywhere else in the world.