Are you an experienced nurse with a ‘can do’ attitude and excellent people skills keen to embrace the opportunity to work in a small team making a difference to our community?
Are you ready for the adventure of living in a beautiful, fascinating and unique country?
If so, look no further than this advertisement…
The King Edward VII Memorial Hospital (KEMH) has excellent opportunities over the next few months for nurses interested in expanding their horizons to live and work in our beautiful islands.
The KEMH is the present base for all the Islands Health services. We are looking at developing the nursing care provision and want to recruit the right applicants to fill the following posts:
- Senior Staff Nurse – based in the 29 bed ward welcoming all inpatient admissions whatever the patient’s age or condition as well as providing out of hours urgent care and work closely with the community team
- Nursing Sister/Midwife – dual qualified and registered, you will work in the nursing team and with KEMH colleagues to provide nursing and midwifery care .
- Initial 2-4 Years Fixed Term Contract, with potential for extension by mutual agreement.
- Competitive Salary, starting salaries will be dependent upon qualifications and experience.
- Eligibility for a 25% Gratuity, paid upon successful completion of the contract.
- 30 Days Annual Leave, plus government and public holidays (totalling 41 days leave).
- Relocation Allowance, to help with moving costs.
- Flights Package for you and your dependents, including mid-term return flight home.
- Government Housing for rent at a subsidised rate and a starter pack to help you settle in.
How to Apply
For more information and to apply online to join our team in a unique and breath-taking location, with penguins, dolphins and the wilderness just next door to your office, please visit our new recruitment website: www.jobs.gov.fk.
Applications close at 23.00 UK time on 11 October 2020.
For more information on the posts, please contact Chief Nursing Officer, Mandy Heathman on MHeathman@kemh.gov.fk or by calling +500 28052 (bear in mind the Falkland Islands is currently four hours behind British Summertime).
The Directorate of Health and Social Services is one of the Directorates of the Falkland Islands Government (FIG) which offers a range of fulfilling job opportunities across the full spectrum of public services. Working in the Health and Social Services means that the successful applicant will be able to work in small team providing a wide range of health care to our small community.
Exciting developments in the Hospital include a new CT Scanner, Mammography unit and operating theatre and a separate scheme to build a Vulnerable Person’s residential facility to be known as Tussac House.
Set in the South Atlantic Ocean, around 400 miles east of South America and 8,000 miles south-west of the UK, the Falkland Islands are a small, thriving community with a British way of life, benefiting from good local services, a close community and opportunities that are hard to find elsewhere in the world. The Islands’ stunning natural environment provides an unspoiled landscape and amazing wildlife to observe and explore, including penguins, whales and dolphins, all seen from the shore.